THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE REALIZED STEP BY STEP:
- YOUR UNIVERSITY HAS TO SEND TO OUR UNIVERSITY YOUR NOMINATION TO PARTICIPATE IN ERASMUS PROGRAMME BY E-MAIL, FAX OR A HARD LETTER
- YOU HAVE TO REGISTER AT OUR WEBSITE - LINK AVAILABLE BENEATH
- PLEASE, DO NOT USE THE DIACRITICAL SIGNES
- DURING YOUR REGISTRATION PROCEDURE YOUR LEARNING AGREEMENT AND APPLICATION FORM WILL BE CREATED, YOU CAN ALSO APPLY FOR A PLACE IN DORMITORY (FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED BASIS)
- PLEASE, DO NOT PRINT THE ABOVE MENTIONED DOCUMENTS UNTILL YOUR APPLICATION'S STATUS CHANGES INTO CONFIRMED. AFTER THAT, YOU WILL BE OBLIGED TO PRINT THE DOCUMENTS, COLLECT ALL NECCESSARY SIGNATURES AND SEND THEM TO GUT
In academic year 2016-2017 deadlines for online registration are as follows:
- June 30, 2016 (winter semester or whole academic year)
- December 15, 2016 (summer semester)
Please, when travelling to GUT, take with you the following documents:
- your Personal ID Card or Passport (necessary for students from non-UE countries),
- medical insurance (before departing for Poland check whether there is any agreement with Poland regarding free health services, like the E111 form, etc.),
- proof of your Erasmus status indicating the length of your stay,
- Application Form (AF) and Learning Agreement (LA) duly signed and stamped by you and coordinators at your Home University.
- document confirming, that your knowledge of either English or Polish is at least at B1 level. It may be either one of the internationally renowned certificates, such as IELTS, TOEFL, FCE, CAE, etc. or a document issued by your university's language centre.
Do not forget to bring with you 17 PLN (złoty) for your Student ID Card.
BEFORE YOU START FILLING IN
Before you start to fill in the Application Form and the Learning Agreement, please prepare:
- list of proposed courses chosen by you and accepted by your university - Study Program (Learning Agreement - LA) with codes of the courses, ECTS number and semester when each course takes part,
- electronic photo corresponding to documents - for your student ID Card at the GUT (only jpg, jpeg, png, bmp format),
- scan of Transcript of Records (TR) duly signed and stamped by your university (jpg or pdf file). This is a document (with stamps and signatures of the authorities of your university), which proves your marks and grades collected so far at your Home University,
- scan of your Personal ID Card (both sides) or your Passport with pages with name and photo (the Passport is necessary for students from non-UE countries) (jpg or pdf file).
- scan of your language certificate.
Scan of the Transcript of Records and scan of the Personal ID Card / Passport, should be packed as one zip or rar file!!!
Max 1 MB for photo (jpg etc. files) and 2 MB for zip/rar files!!!
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
Academic year starts in the end of September or beginning of October - it varies each year. The first week of the semestre is very important for Erasmus students, so please, arrive before it starts. Each semestre ends with an exam period:
- winter semestre: February
- summer semestre: June (September only for those who do not pass in June).
Each student is obliged to register upon his arrival at the City Hall. Students coming from countries that are not EU members need to register within 4 days from their arrival.
You can be lodged either in GUT's dormitories or in a private house / flat / room, etc.
Dormitories are quite comfortable but there are only double or triple rooms available. The rent should be paid in the beginning of each month. You need to pay a dormitory deposit - 200 PLN (50 Euro), which will be refunded at the end of your stay. It is possible to stay in dormitories also during summer holidays (when you decide to stay longer after finishing your Erasmus exchange period), but the rent is higher than during the academic year. Accommodation in GUT's dormitories is managed by Erasmus Student Network (ESN), and it is ESN that will contact you if you want to live in a dormitory. Please, remember, that we do not have enough places in dormitories for all incoming Erasmus students, so it is better not to wait with your registration!!!
You may apply for a place in our dormitories only if you plan to be lodged there for at least one semester.
If you want to rent a flat on your own or share it with other students, ask your Mentor or ESN for help.
In case of any questions concerning accommodation, please, contact ESN by mail email@example.com.
Each Erasmus student will have a mentor assigned. A mentor is a student - volunteer, who helps you to organize practical aspects of your stay in Gdańsk, especially in the very beginning. He is supposed to contact your by e-mail before your arrival. He can pick you up from the airport/railway station, help you to check-in at the dormitory (if you receive a place), go for shopping for the very first time, etc. If needed, mentor can help you sort out your documents, visitit a doctor etc. Mentor Programme is managed by ESN. If you have any questions, please contact ESN by mail firstname.lastname@example.org
POLISH LANGUAGE COURSES
There is a Polish language course for Erasmus students organized by our University during academic year. There are no summer courses. You can attend summer courses in other institutions. Here are some suggestions:
- KRAKÓW: Szkoła Języka i Kultury Polskiej Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego.
- LUBLIN: Centrum Języka i Kultury Polskiej dla Polonii i Cudzoziemców Uniwersytetu Marii Curie Skłodowskiej.
- ŁÓDŹ: Studium Języka Polskiego dla Cudzoziemców w Uniwersytecie Łódzkim.
- TORUŃ: Studium Kultury i Języka Polskiego dla Obcokrajowców Uniwersytetu Mikołaja Kopernika.
The University offers a free Internet service for all students. Access to the service can be different at each Faculty. You are kindly requested to ask about all the application procedures as soon as you arrive.
Every Erasmus student in Poland, who is in contact with ESN, will get a free pre-paid SIM Card from Heyah. It means that you do not have to buy cards to use your mobile phone in Poland. The only thing you have to do is to remove the SIM-Lock to be able to use your mobile phone with different networks. As every Erasmus student in Poland can obtain this pre-paid SIM Card, if a friend who is also on the Erasmus Program in Poland goes to Cracow, for example, they will get this card from Heyah - so you can keep in touch for less !!!
Should you have any problems filling in application form please send an e-mail to email@example.com